• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Graphics Problems - HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trancelover

Am having serious trouble with my graphics card, bought a new mobo (Asus A7N266 VM) which comes with Nvidia on board graphics. Have put my PCI graphics card in and thats where the problems start. I switch the settings to pick up the PCI card, loaded up the latest drivers and I get a blank screen during post until I get to the windows log on!. If i connect the VGA to the onboard GPU it displays until I get to the windows logon and then goes blank. I then reconnect to the PCI card and I have screen!.

Been into Bios and cannot disable the onboard gpu in favour of a pci card. Have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers, taken the card out and re-installed it again. Still same problem.

Do I need to bin the PCI card and buy an AGP?? and will it sort my problems??

Help please.

An agp card will get you big performance improvements anyway, but dont buy until you've tested to make sure agp cards don't have this problem as well.

My only suggestion as far as fixing this would be make sure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard and the latest bios. Also, there is an option on most motherboards that lets you choose which card you want to be the primary display adapter, but from the wording of your post you've already changed this.

Also, the onboard video and your pci video card might be on the same IRQ channel. Try putting the card in a different PCI slot or manually changing the IRQ of the videocard in the bios.

Curious - Why did you buy a motherboard with onboard video just to use a PCI video card?

Back