• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended unlocked t-bred for light overclocking...xp2100+, 2200+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Noodles

Well it seems that an unlocked barton nowadays is hard to come by. I even heard a few threads of people getting locked t-breds now so I'm a bit wary about buying a new cpu.

I've been looking this chart here:
http://www.c627627.com/AMD/AthlonXP/

I've heard that AMD stopped making the 2100+ awhile ago, that is so say BEFORE all of this multi locking stuff started to go down. That alone makes me interested in that cpu. I'd really just like to be able to hit 2ghz or so and run at 200fsb.

2200+ also seems pretty good as well, but I think they still make some of those so they might be locked. CPUs above that I haven't really looked into, but am not adverse too. Its just that these chips have very attractive prices.

I would rather not get a locked multiplier and let my pc3200 ram go to waste.

The very last week of Tbred made seem to be locked as well. And yes AMD has stopped making all Tbreds. Thortons are their replacement.

I'd try finding an 1800+ dlt3c. I recently got one. It overclocks GREAT with very little voltage.
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_186&products_id=1094

$65 - probably the same price as they 2100+, but i guarantee it will overclock just as good.

Last edited:
Unless you're using retail cooling, you're pretty much guaranteed to hit passed your 2.0 GHz target with any average Thoroughbred B.

While newegg guarantees 2100+ OEM to be a B, I don't think any place guarantees 2200+ (or 2100+) to be a B unless you pay them a premium.

The thing with 2200+, you may get an old B.
I've never seen a bad 2100+ B... It's $62 guaranteed with free shipping, you should be able to do a lot better then 2.0, at the very least 2.1 but they average close to 2.3...

I have been thinking about getting a2100+ for a while now because of their ability to OC so well. The only thing stopping me was the 2500+ and it's slightly higher price. But since all the news about locked 2500+ I think I will go for the 2100+ and see what I can do with it, and since all CPUs are coming out locked I'll just wait until the 2500+ falls a little in price before I get that to play with.

c627627 I wasn't aware newegg garanteed tbred Bs for the 2100+. I couldn't find that on the item.

Also...what about a tbred 2700+?

Back