• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fronic

I am unable to go above 204MHz FSB, before I was able to do 224 with my EPoX EP-8RDA+. The only variable that changed was the motherboard. Any ideas?

At 205 MHz the board will not boot into windows and at 209 it will not even POST.

BTW, I am able to boot at 200x11 w/1.85 volts, but can't POST at 200x10 or 10.5.

For kicks I went to 11.5x150 and it would not post... Went down to 11.5x133 and progressively raised it to 11.5x180... Now it works... Going to run it in prime to see if it's stable.

Have you checked your memory? Have you run them on memtest86?

www.memtest86.com

Also, what kind of memory timing are you using? Are you running synch? I'm assuming since yer in yer testing phase, yer running loose timings, right? Also, which revision deluxe board do you have? Some of the non-ultra400 had a dificult time hitting higher FSBs...

mfjonny said:
Have you checked your memory? Have you run them on memtest86?

www.memtest86.com

Also, what kind of memory timing are you using? Are you running synch? I'm assuming since yer in yer testing phase, yer running loose timings, right? Also, which revision deluxe board do you have? Some of the non-ultra400 had a dificult time hitting higher FSBs...

Mem timings are 5 3 3 2

I'm running in synch

board is ver 2.0

It's weird...i have seen these multiplier problems before. Why would a chip prefer a higher multiplier sometimes? On my A7N8X, I cannot pass 210fsb by the way.

Back