• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X deluxe FSB and SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KGH

I have tried to turn off the SATA setting so I dont have to wait for the setup screen whenever I boot up but cannot find it in the BIOS menu :( and also the FSB setting, only allow 133mhz,166mhz or 200mhz umm .. this is Version 2.0 Deluxe.

Also Where can I Enable the Temp. SHutdown trigger ?

I have tried but cannot see where I can change.

thanks,

K.

For your SATA to be disabled you must switch the jumper on the mother board by the CMOS battery. Then to change the FSB set everything to User Define and it should change to increment to 1mhz to what ever you choose. As for the temp shut down i think thats on the Asus Probe install that to and see. C.O.P. works like a charm, I have had my heatsink come off a number of times and the board shuts off in a sec or two.

Disable error reporter as overclocked setting will give you errors
"cpu voltage out of range"
" memory error"
" overclocking blah blah blah "

If you can game and run 3Dmark2001se or 03 without crashes in loops your really stable. I for one do not think prime is all that on stability as i have seen systems run prime all day and crash when starting a game like UT2003

Actually, I think Prime is a VERY good test of stability and a stable rig should pass both Prime AND 3DMark, as well as memtest86 and Sandra, and if it floats your gravy, PCMark (though as a benchmarking utility, i think its a lil off).

I personally think that running two burn-in/stability test at the same time after passing each one individually is a great test of stability. After you pass Prime and after you pass 3DMark, run em both together.

No offense directed at you, Hangten, but there are several folks on the board who tout "my system is stable, but I can't pass Prime - so Prime must be a crappy-program/faulty-program". Well, you can play games and browse the net on systems that don't pass Prime but a measure of stability is just that - the rig is able to handle a big stress/load on the various components and handle the load. Some games are CPU intensive, other memory, and others still vid card. Very few, mostly like no games, stress all the differnent componenets at the same time. Thats why we run the said testing/stressing programs to ensure stability in all factors of our system.

3DMark is a great proggy to test vid card stability, as it heaviliy stresses vid card, but I would recommend that other factors/components be included in the stressing to ensure a nice, well-rounded stable system.

Back