• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ANYTHING relating to Serious Sam games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sgt Pyroman

Registered
I just recently took advantage of a sale at CompUSA of getting 'Serious Sam - The Second Encounter' for free after mail-in rebate. I had played a demo of a previous Serious Sam game before and the graphics were overwhelming. After purchasing The Second Encounter, I have loved everything it has to offer. Anyone have any comments, suggestions, tips, etc. or anything else relating to any Serious Sam games?

If you havent done it already, find a buddy and lan with it. It is seriously probably the funnest LAN game I have ever played. Just remember, dont burn it for him to use so you can play together, that would be illegal and bad :)

I love the Serious Sam games. They are not all that recent anymore, but the graphics are still quite good. One tip I might suggest is to use the flame thrower (once you get it) for masses of smaller critters that are after you. I found that you have to keep moving most of the time and that retreating is sometimes a good option. Have fun, you'll enjoy this game.

However, TheFrag, would it still be considered illegal even if I got it free directly from a certified seller? I mean, the company is not losing any money if I do this...I just want to make sure if it is illegal or not so I can know whether or not I can burn a copy.

For the second encounter. Lan it, put infinite ammo on, and get the minigun. We lanned it wiith 5 people COOP, five miniguns blazing as sso as we got them was hilarious. Also, im nt sure if you have to unlock this or if its always there try MENTAL mode, drag the mouse below the hardest visible mode and it should appear, if not you need to beat it on hard mode, which can be accomplished in a few hours of coop.

-Snake

Sgt Pyroman said:
However, TheFrag, would it still be considered illegal even if I got it free directly from a certified seller? I mean, the company is not losing any money if I do this...I just want to make sure if it is illegal or not so I can know whether or not I can burn a copy.

Yea that would still be considered illegal.... However, I am not sure of this cause I don't have the game, I belive I read something that Serious Sam has a mutliplayer only option that you can install for lans on other computers. Kind of like starcraft spawn.

Nope eab, I just read the copyright material in the back of the game manual and it doesn't even allow a copy to be made for a backup...it clearly states that I should only use the original game disc to play. That sucks...:(

Back