• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AMD Rig, I need your opinion..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

After reading thread to thread to thread, seeking advice from others, asking whats good and what aint I finally come up with my comp..

Parts all ordered, no looking back.

it will be used for gaming mostly
Tell me if my pc is good or not, the cpu is locked but oh well, I'll get that FSB up np.. i think? anyways my specs are in siggy

Please tell me what you think of it, and does it have good overclocking potentials.

Thanks

ps, this is the 1st time i ever built my own

lets see my second raptor will be here next week for raid0
im buying a 5900nu also
and everything else you have is what i have.

is it good? well i couldnt pick any better parts :D
yes it is about as good as it gets on the amd side.

if this is your first build take your time and dont guess.im sure you have researched alot of stuff to pick those parts but still take your time.many things can and will act up.

• Mobo is excellent.
• PC3500 RAM means it shoud be 217 FSB at default and up from there with increased Vdimm maybe...
• 9800 is a great video card.
• Cooling is superb.
• PSU is top notch.

Looks like you're more than good to go regardless of the locked Barton.

Go for it, good luck.

oh btw, does a new screen matter, I'm currently using a 17" 85Hz CRT... If I buy a 16ms response time BenQ will I be faster in gaming?
Meaning do screens have a effect on gaming performance?? in speed wise

Worthit getting a TFT? for gaming

Depends... on FPS games its good to have a good monitor an 85hz crt is just fine ull get 100 fps straight but remember also use tweak programs like reforce or refreshlock to help u on fps...

daNo- said:
Depends... on FPS games its good to have a good monitor an 85hz crt is just fine ull get 100 fps straight but remember also use tweak programs like reforce or refreshlock to help u on fps...

oh refreshlock, yeah i managed to get 160hz refresh rate on games with that

www.majorgeeks.com ^^

daNo- said:
i hope u didn't kill ur monitor lol....................160hz...

Well I didn't notice an fps increase my screen just went small at 800x600 160hz.. or was it 120 lol, the geometry etc was not set right, so i keep it at 85 lol... kk go easy on the n00b =p

Back