• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd ocing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psyshack

I broke down and bought a xp2500 for the amd box. Its a far better cpu than the xp1700 and its alot smoother rig for it. Not as smooth as the p4c rig. I havent had much time to play with it. But its looking like the oc will fall in the area of 210x11 at 1.7 volt cpu and 2.7 volts on the ram. Running dual channel mem.

xp2500 is AQYFA0344 Locked multi

xp1700 is JIUHB0302 Unlocked multi

Just thought I would share this with you folks

psy

I used to have a Shuttle box running the XP2500+ @ 200x11 @ 1.7v. that's the best I could do w/ that little box, but I'm not complaining consider it's a XPC tho....

still, P4c is my first choice........for a forseeable future! (till the A64FX and Prescott's dust settle down at least......)

LandShark said:
I used to have a Shuttle box running the XP2500+ @ 200x11 @ 1.7v. that's the best I could do w/ that little box, but I'm not complaining consider it's a XPC tho....

still, P4c is my first choice........for a forseeable future! (till the A64FX and Prescott's dust settle down at least......)

OOO yeah,,, my p4c is still the box. I have no hopes or dilusions that the amd will replace the intel machine as my lead cruncher and must fluid and smooth machine to use...

TC said:
What did you have the 1700 clocked at?

TC the best the 1700 would ever do rock stable was 196x11. Couldnt get to boot at 200 at any multi and have it preform. Even with way relaxed timings. It looked like the cpu was maxed out at 2.1 ghz. Couldnt get it stable at 2.2 to save your life.

Back