Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool
Forum Jump

Something doesn't seem quite right here...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-02-03, 02:20 AM Thread Starter   #1
Goateh

Something doesn't seem quite right here...

Well, it doesn't to me anyway. I have a Zalman 7000-ALCU ( thats the aluminium and copper version, because i couldn't find a CU anywhere I looked. But anyway, back to my dilema, the temps don't seem quite right .. i know the IC7 doesn't report them correctly, but even overclocked my 2.53 > 2.88 it idles at ~40c.

It also gets to ~52c when on load, I had it at 3.04ghz... and goddamn.. thats like 62c under load :/

The voltage core is 1.575 and im using as3 on the hs&f with an intake and out take fan ... any thoughts, ideas or help ?

Asus PZ68-M Pro :: Intel Core i5 2500k :: Stock Cooling :: MSI GTX560:: 2 x 4GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600Mhz

"Some day you too will know my pain and smile it's black tooth grin.."
-Dave Mustaine, Megadeth

Goateh is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-02-03, 03:29 AM   #2
chasingapple

Yes, forget any hope cause Abit couldnt report a temp right to save thier lives
chasingapple is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-02-03, 04:47 AM   #3
flixotide

I believe this is another case of bad temp readings... I still do not understand why some manufacturers can't get their temp readings right. It would make life so much easier...

In worst case one could actually sue manufacturers for not delivering the correct readings, if i.e. you fry your chip by accident... Although unlikely for us O/C nuts, I could easily imagine this happening.

Not long ago I had a friend who accidently turned the fan on his palomino the wrong way on his HSF... His mobo diodes read nice 69 degrees on full load (crappy cheap HSF btw) but eventually, as summer approcahed, his machine started crashing frequently..

So after a series of tests, I chucked his CPU into my board, with the same HSF, even cleaned up the CPU and Heatsink and by golly gosh, it hit 81 c's, ran for a while, and cha-bang.. crashed the puter.

A simble "thumbs-on" test then revealed the reverse fan direction.. but had his board read temps closer to reality, I would've reacted differently..

Cheers, Flix

Advisor and supporter within young peoples
depression and anxiety group. Drop me a PM
if you're stuck in the rut and need a boot up.

Rate threads you like.
flixotide is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-02-03, 04:55 AM Thread Starter   #4
Goateh

The temps I posted already have ~5c taken off them because it was an abit board... and i think mines ~5c off..

still.. it kinda worries me :/

Asus PZ68-M Pro :: Intel Core i5 2500k :: Stock Cooling :: MSI GTX560:: 2 x 4GB Kingston Hyper-X 1600Mhz

-Dave Mustaine, Megadeth

Old 12-02-03, 08:02 AM   #5
Maxprime
Registered

On my Max3, I corrected temps 7C in MBM - as direct die measurements have seen that the IC7's usually follow close to 7C too hot.
Maxprime is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-02-03, 01:42 PM Thread Starter   #6
Goateh

Alright fair enough, but even by correcting temps of 7c.. don't they seem a little.. warm ?

-Dave Mustaine, Megadeth

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling
Cooling Discussion of fans, heatsinks, thermal pastes and putting it all together to keep your rig cool