• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time with Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Parkest

Well, as dumb as I sound asking this, I guess I can let my excuse be "this is my first time". Here's my problem. When I go into BIOS, I can't find the multiplier or FSB settings anywhere. Where exactly are these settings and what do I need to do to change them. I've read a lot of articles on overclockers.com and can say I'm knowlegable about the overclocking basics, but on my machine, just can't seem to find the settings that I need to change. Any help will be appreciated.

you need to list what mobo you have. Someone mbs require that you change a setting to expert, and other simply dont have overclocking features.

yes, please list your motherboard so we know what were dealing with :)

Only one i know i believe :D is abit:
Abit simply has the softmenu, where you can set it all...

anyway, ill look again when i know what mobo you got :)

Ouch, unfortunately you will not be able to overclock on this motherboard. It will not do any higher than 133fsb. Not a bad motherboard, just not one for overclocking. If you want a new motherboard that supports overclocking, you might try newegg.com and go to the refurbished section. Pretty good deals there, and that is a great processor for overclocking...the tbred b :)

-Collin-

You can do a wire mod to up your multiplier...or....there are a few overclocking bioses for that board.

Also if it is a newer revision it has a 166 bus speed.
Overclocking is definitely possible …but a little more work.

Ask for help in the ECS motherboard section and many people will help you out.

There are BIOSes that allow overclcoking on the K7S5A, but I'm not sure about the pro version. the ECS forum section at OCworkbench.com is a good place for help on overclcoking that board.

I am aware that the newer boards have a 166/133 option, but of the two I have already built, neither of them worked. Just got a black screen.....weird. Good Luck.

-Collin-

Back