• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Asus done with Nvidia?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

i havent seen any 5950s or 5700s made by asus, are they all Ati now?

Last edited:
Maybe with video cards... but that's hard telling, and maybe a little far fetched. They of course are still doing motherboards with nForce3 chipsets, so definitely not done with nVidia. That's a good point, I wonder why no 5950 (not that I have any desire to own one, but still wierd). :-/

CamH said:
In the graphics card sector, Asus has indeed made the switch to ATi.

For good? I doubt they would just make a decision like that just because the FX series were a pile of dung... who knows, maybe nVidia will get tehir act together for the next release, and if indeed Asus has dropped them, they will regret it.

dreIU said:

For good? I doubt they would just make a decision like that just because the FX series were a pile of dung... who knows, maybe nVidia will get tehir act together for the next release, and if indeed Asus has dropped them, they will regret it.

You have to remember that ATi is coming out with a new set of cards as well. Asus has a record of making good hardware. I'm sure they know what the next generation of ATi cards will be like, otherwise they would have never switched.

Asus's contract with nVidia was simply coming up, so they reviewed the current market, as well as the future plans of each company and made what they thought was the best business decision. Who knows, maybe next time they will be making XGI or Matrox cards, heh

Matrox cards? I've never heard of them? Are they pretty competitive... I guess not since I've never heard of them. :)

I agree that Asus has a good record of making good hardware, and I'm sure the switch won't hurt them.

matrox cards are more of a workstation card. but they are starting to become more mainstream, with the release of the parhelia. great iq from what i hear.

Back