• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply Adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darklcd

Ok, so before someone tells me i have already done a search for this and came up pretty much empty. I just got a Fortron 550W PSU and it has the 24 pin connector. I already found a 24-20 pin connecter for my NF7-S but i cant find an adapter for the 8-4 pin 12V cable...just wanna know if anyone knows where i can get one.

it was my understanding that the EPS12V standard that the fortron 550W uses only adds two additional rows onto the ATX connector, and you could theoretically just plug it into the mobo with the two extra rows hanging off the edge of the connector (as long as the mobo has space for it), no?

I thought the same went for the 12v connector

does the adapter you got actually change the orientation of the wires?

edit

sorry, I turned retarded for a second, I meant EPS12V

Last edited:
anyone wanna verify this or does it look like im still gonna need to find some adapters?

well after checking this out http://www.rackmount.com/Rackacc/ATXGES.htm
and seeing that the EPS12v lines differ from how the ATX lines are configured, looks like ill need an adapter, but for the 12v P2 line looks like i should be ok by just plugging in half of it.

Last edited:
snowwie said:
it was my understanding that the BTX standard that the fortron 550W uses only adds two additional rows onto the ATX connector,

The 550w fortron is not a btx psu. The BTX standard is not even released, and when it is released it will still use atx PSUs. The 550w fortron is an EPS12V, which is a spec designed for use in servers.

k nvm i just looked on the PSU and the cables for atx match, i just had to turn the cable around. thnx for the help snowwie.

Nvm i am gonna have to get the adapter, just tryed to hooked it up and there is no room for the extra 4 plugs to hang off of.

Last edited:
FYI ...
The 24-20pin adapter is only $5 at NewEgg.com. :)

What did you mean about adapting the 8-4 pin
12v cable? Does that 550w Fortron come with a P8
and no P4 at all?

Last edited:
well it only comes with a P8 but technically i can just plug in half of the connecter and it will be doing the same thing cause the wires still match to the P4 plugin

darklcd said:
well it only comes with a P8 but technically i can just plug in half of the connecter and it will be doing the same thing cause the wires still match to the P4 plugin

Hmmm ... I thought they were completely different
style plugs.

Nevermind.
I was thinking of the P2 "aux" connector usually
associated with server boards. :rolleyes:

oops, got a little mixed up with pin names and pin numbers...what im saying is that the psu only has the p1 (24 pin) and p2(8 pin) connectors. i need an adapter for the p1 because it doesnt fit, but the p2 can fit the 4 pin slot, but you can only put half of it in, but the wires match for the 4 going in.

darklcd said:
k nvm i just looked on the PSU and the cables for atx match, i just had to turn the cable around. thnx for the help snowwie.

Nvm i am gonna have to get the adapter, just tryed to hooked it up and there is no room for the extra 4 plugs to hang off of.

can you kinda cut off the last two rows?

where on newegg do they have this adapter?

snowwie said:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

where on newegg do they have this adapter?

Is this* what you need?

edit .......
Wait a minute ... the genders are wrong.
That would be to adapt a 20pin cable end to the 24pin
board header. Not what you for the 550w PSU I assume.:(
Hmmm, they listed both at one time.

im jsut gonna get the single 24-20 pin adapter because the combo one you listed is to convert ESP12V to ATX-GES which is a different format than ATX, atxges is still and 24 pin connector

Back