• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the coolest air cooler out there thats quite?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Rotory

Disabled
Noise to performance ratio. My computer is loud and hot, I would like to solve these two issues. My rig is a AMD 2000+ palamino on a AsusA7v333 board. I'm sick of the noise and the heat! I've been reading reviews and I just dont know how loud 70 dB(A) is? so I"m asking the guys who have em. All I know is that currently I am running a big a$$ heatsink and fan, which arent doing a whole lot of good, considering i'm running at 60 C as I write this. I grabed this heatsink when my stock one went out, I dont think anyone will know it but its a AOC Ball bearing fan that is made of copper and is big and has like 4 or 5 big empty pipelines running throught it. Anyways its crap. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I know 70 dB(A) is loud but how loud?

Last edited:
70dba is pretty damn loud. The measurements review sites take are often different because of their methods. However, 70dba for a fan is probably a tornado (notoriusly loud fan)? The frontpage is a good place to start. For something quiet that performs decently I'd definitely look for a heatsink that supports 80mm or larger fans. http://overclockers.com/articles373/

P.S. I know 70 dB(A) is loud but how loud?

It's 70 db(a) loud. But seriously, what kind of comparison do you want?

As for a heatsink, the best you can get would be either the thermalright sink with the heatpipes, or the swiftech with the helicoid pins. Sorry 'bout the lack of links and actual names :p

Couple one of these sinks with the quietest fan you can find, maybe that enermax fan with the adjustment knob, so you can turn it up or down as you desire.

you have an amd and the heatpipe heatpipe heatsink for socket a isn't out yet. its called the SP-97. The next best thing would be an SLK-947, next the 900A, next Swiftech MCX462-V, and then the CNPS-7000. (These are approximations people might not always get the same results. that said, all of those heatsinks are nice.) whichever one fits, is in your price range, and you like out of those will do pretty well, and much better than what you have. you might also want to get some AS5.

50dB (A) is enough to cause permanent hearing damage over time, 70 is almost yelling loud! I cant imagine how you can get it that loud but WOW!

Back