• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

opinions on p4s800 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im pretty dissapointed

Theres not alot of Settings. The PCI as far as i can see isnt locked. And there is no way to do it. No AGP settings either. Unless your running a 2.?C, Its pretty poor at Ocing. Could only get my 2.4b to 2.8 and that is unstable.

Harry

Well, I'm quite pleased with my P4S800 mobo!
The biggest problem is that maximum vcore is 1,6 V.
I've P4 2,4b processor overclocked to 3,2 Ghz and it's ALMOST stable.
Fsb/AGP settings are 177/35 and there's no problem in that area.
But, if I try 166/33 settings everything goes wrong. I can't even boot to Windows.
So I think there really isn't any PCI-AGP fix and the mobo only works stable when you use 133-155 or 175-200 FSB!
I recommend you invest 20-30 € (or $) more and buy a mobo that gives enough vcore (at least 1,75 V) and a
good PCI/AGP fix!

I hear ya man

Thats exactly what im gonna do. Im leaving in a few for the local Puter show and gonna pick up a high end board. PSU too. Dang snow storm is gonna be a pain. I couldnt get my rig to boot from 143-150 LOL Dunno what the deal was, But it will boot from 151-160 LOL.

Go figure.

Harry

Back