• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is the abit nf7-s compatible with my video card( or is it somthing else)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matt_w_lambert

i have a gforce 2 mx400 i think it is agp 4x i thought the mobo was 4/8x so it should work right, maby it is not the video card,
the thing is i am building a new system and got everything assembled but when i turn it on all of the fans and the cdrom lights work but nothing comes up on my monitor maby the heat sink is not installed properly but i have tryed it 2 times and then i tryed a different hs that has a very easy installation. and once when i didn't have the hs on the cpu properly it beeped then shutdown so could sombody help me

also when i turn on the power there is alittle red light on the mother bord and then a green one comes on, what does that mean.

I don't think the vidio card is your problem. From your discription it doesn't sound like you've even been able to install your os yet, is that correct? Can you get into BIOS? What happened the very first time you started up your system? Just need a little more info to figure out what the problem is.

The red led light on your board means that it is pluged in. The green one means that it's turned on.

ok after testing everything i found out that it is the power supply

i thought it was the hsf not mounted on the cpu so i did that like 10 times

Back