• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sunbeam rheobus...=)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah but its a dam loud fan...but i did happen to try to pull out the the whole tray by the knob..and it fell off...the plus is its the cpu fan...lol

LOL like who? :D Tape the nob down with some tape.No just kidding.I prefer to have my HSF on a seperate control on the rear of the case.The case fans are controlled in zones.Also a point of interest,have you read the sticky on the 1st page at the top(sort of) of cooling?Put your fans on a seperate curcuit!!
THE FANMAN:cool:

hey by putting them on a different circuit...ther pretty much saying put it on another line right? should i hook up the cdroms to the fans? or how should i do it

Heres the kink to the sticky. The idea is to wire the fans to a dedicated line off of the PSU.You dont want it sharring with your drives or mobo.Tell me your fan positions and how many and where they are located. I'll give you a recommended setup.

STICKY LINK :D

yeah i read the link and almost **** my pants!...i have a 120mm intake one rear and the top. my psu has 4 4pin molex connectors and 2 hd's and 2 cdroms/rw...

Ok, I would use one line for the fans.One line for the optical drives.One line for the HDD,s.You should have one left over.How many amps and watts are your 120mm fans rated at? How do you have your HSF wired up? THE FANMAN:cool:

PS: It would help if you gave me the amps per +12, +5 +3.3
voltages on your PSU,s case. :D

my 120mm stealth is rated at 0.96w its the vantec stealth...i have my hsf on the motherboard pin...when i had everything hooked up my computer wouldnt even boot up...then i took it off the plugs and it started up again...so i jus ended up pluggin my hsf to the mobo...and heres the link to the psu i have

psu right here

thanks man

o yeah i forgot i have a Y connector for the harddrives...but the extra molex goes to my fans...? good or bad...i attached a drawing of my psu wires...

Attachments

• psu.gif
    psu.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 112
Hate to say this but you need a better PSU! Ok, how many separate lines with the molex conn's do you have coming from the PSU.These lines or curcuits will have the four wires/ 2 blk,1yell.,1org.or red.From your PSU diagram it looks like you only have 2 curcuits or lines.If this is true I would recommend you get a diff,better PSU.I can recommend one for you if you'd like!

I think its awesome.I would upgrade the power supply to at least a 400 watt.The case supports 2 x 120mm case fans,nice! Do you see what I mean by putting your devices on diff. PSU curcuits.That case is going to make a fine rig. I looked at the PSU that comes with the case.It appears to have 3 curcuits.It says 6 into to 8 .Hopefuly there are 3. Let me know how it goes.

PS: You need to get one of these fan adapters to get your HSF power from the PSU.

ADAPTER LINK :D

Last edited:
Into your PSU. Putting big/powerful fans on the CPU header can blow the header out. :eek:

Back