• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did mod, only one CPU registers in 133 FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i2fast4u

Registered
See system info below:
I believe I cut the trace from the A14 pin on my PIII's, if one didnt sever, would it cause this error? I can boot 130 FSB recognized 2CPUs, anything on the 4/1 FSB/PCI from 133FSB up only reads 1 CPU. Is it possible I didnt cut the trace on 1CPU?

To get over 125FSB I had to disable the L2 Cache but its half speed anyways, the RDRAM runs faster than that:eek: so, anyways its now disabled to run 130FSB.

Any Ideas to push harder?

Yes, I plan on getin out of the Katmai core soon, I run it because its what I had and I wanted to get rid of my laptop. I will be upgrading to Powerleap IP/3t's and 1.4's and more ram.

I have been running with the ECC disabled, somewhere around 120FSB is the limit with it enabled. I'm thinkin I didnt cut the trace right, but would it boot if only one CPU registers as good, the other as invalid?

I pulled the CPU's and made sure the traces were cut. I really dont know, it gives me a crc error loading Linux on anything higher than 138FSB and it dosent always recognize two processors wheen I go higher than 128FSB. I just changed the FS to 125 and enabled L2, Disabled L2-ECC runs good and stable. I'll just leave it alone for now, I think I have a hurt processor, when I first got everything going it gave me funny temps, so I pulled the HS and put a better thermal compound on it, that seemed to fix it, maybbe that hurt it, I dunno...

nah i think thats about the limit on these slot 1 cpus i had one i forgot how much mhz i got i think the max i got with my 450mhz is like 500 or nearly 550

damn, I saw other people listing the SL37D's at about 670 for an average OC on the CPU database, I figured I could get that, but maybe being SMP it hurts it a littlewell, thats good to know anyways, thank you

Back