• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is AGP 8x ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darius

Registered
I can't find the setting to make my NVIDIA GeForce 4 ti4200 work at agp 8x.

A runa system utility program and it says that my card is running at agp 4x but in the bios I enabled "Enable AGP 8X" but no where do I actually see an option that lets me set it to agp 8x...

any ideas?

well if you are sure then it should have a setting in the bios maybe user andvace chipset options or somthing like that yopu need to change it to 8x but i belive that it is atomatic with todays PnP mobos

If it's the K7N2 Delta in his sig, it does support AGP 8x, since it's an NForce2 chipset-based motherboard.

Not every BIOS, though, will have the option to manually change the AGP mode, and MSI has been known to just leave all sorts of stuff out of their BIOSes.

I'd forget about it, anyhow - the performance increase from 4x to 8x, as stated millions of times before is almost absolutely nil - if anything, 1%, and it will NOT be apparent while doing anything, really!

ok well, I'll forget this then. It was more of question of knowing that I could and I couldn't locate where or my system wouldnt let me that was bothering me more.

The performance issue I've heard of before, so it wasn't really for that reason. Thanks though.

Cheers.

One thing to add, you may have to install chipset drivers to enable the 8x, check your mobo cd.

Back