• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wood Media Player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the-one1

I was thinking about doing a project log of this piece but was too lazy to snap pics during contruction. its used to watch movies and listen to music on my home theater system.
Guts are: Duron 700, 96 MB PC-100@133, 10gig HD, Geforce gts w/ tv out, SB live value (for the digital out to Technics SH-AC500D Digital Surround Processor), and lastly an old slot loaded CD-ROM.

CD slot at the very top under the molding, two little dots under slot are eject button (hand carved out of wood) and HD LED
front.jpg

PSU, intake fan@5V, hole for running cables through.
back.jpg

ORB cooling Duron,wooden pci card holder, and the front has a chamber for the air to expel to the HD down on the bottom to exit through the PSU
inside.jpg

inside2.jpg

GTS, SB live value, NIC, little bump on the outside is another hand made wooden power button and power LED
connecters.jpg

lastly, the side, stained brownish
side.jpg

Good? I christened it "PLAYER" , because its PLAYs stuff

Do you have any pics of it fully assembled? Like maybe a shot of it all setup and standing? I'm just curious as to how it looks all setup, and not just from those two looks at its parts :)

Looks nice.

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Here's more
backcorner.jpg

didnt stain too well over the dried glue, but no biggie, can't see it anyways
corner.jpg

insidecorner.jpg

sidecorner.jpg

Just hooked it up and watched a movie :)

the-one1 said:
I christened it "PLAYER" , because its PLAYs stuff

Pure genius my friend. Good job, it can blend in with other cabinets and furniture so you don't look like a huge nerd. (booting up your rig to watch a movie doesn't really impress the ladies)

I name my PCs for what they do, my server has 2 P3 1 GHZ named "Twin1000", this one is called PLAYER cuz it plays stuff. And by the way, it DOES NOT match anything other than the VHS shelf next to it, Everything I own is BLACK :) )TV, chairs, entertainment cabinet, main rig ( named "the-one1"), all black.
Took me a couple weeks to plan it out. Had a hard time deciding what to make it out of, and finally decided on wood and make it look less llike a PC so the GF wont mind it being in the living room. (and she was inpressed ;)

Do some assembly sanding to get a smooth curve, and then use some wood polish.
Sweet looking, just don't let it overheat.

Back