• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

single sata drive + 2 other drives problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

This is the best way I can explain it, I have a IC7 Max3, with 3 drives, 1 raptor(sata), 1 WD400JB(pata/ide), 1 CDRW(pata/ide). I have the raptor on sata1 which is the intel controller. I want to run the 400jb on IDE1 master, and the cdrw on IDE2 master. This is how i had it set up on 3 different nforce2 boards, without problems. I cant do it on this board, the only way I can get windows to boot is if the raptor is set to IDE1 master/salve or IDE2 master/slave. IDE3 master and IDE4 master will not work, even if I disconnect the other 2 drives completely.. I havent updated the bios yet Im using the stock one, but I dont think a bios update will help. For more info please see this

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31392

that details my problem better, I dont wanna type it all out her again, but maybe some of you can help me.

First of all, a BIOS update is a good start, even though I think the Max3 board show all SATA options with the shipping BIOS, which wasn't the case with my IC7-G...

I have almost the same setup as you, and what I did to get it to work was (this is for IC7-G, but I hope it is similar on the Max3):
Onchips IDE device settings:
Onchip Serial ATA: Enhanced (this will bring up some more options...)
Serial ATA Mode: RAID

save exit, install windows with driver disk...

Back