• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 Pro different models?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I'm looking for a 9800 Pro. I am unsure if some 9800 Pros come with slower stock clock speeds like other cards... and how you tell the difference. Also, as for the pros, what types of memory are out there (samsung/infeneon)? What should I be looking for?

Stay away from anything that says "EZ" (I believe PowerColor makes a "9800 Pro EZ" or something like that) or anything else other then the word "Pro" and you'll be fine (as long as you buy a decent brand. They may cost more, but they use better quality parts)

As for memory, the ONLY memory the Pro's come with are Samsung 2.8ns as far as I know

Built-By-ATI is always a fine choice. These cards are built by Sapphire (despite the name) and are branded by ATI themselves. They sell with a good 3-Year Manufacturer warrenty. They, like almost every single 9800 Pro (128MB), use Samsung 2A (2.86ns) memory, which is very good for overclocking.

You can purchase a BBA 9800 Pro (Retail) from www.newegg.com for $292 (shipped). Or (for those living in Canada) you can purchase one straight from www.ATI.com for $449 CAD (shipped).

Back