• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compucase-HEC Midi Tower CI-6A19

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a beige version of this case. The biggest drawback to this case is the location of the rear fan. If you plan to cut out the fan screens, it will weaken the case too much. The 120 rear fan is against the outside rail of the case. I removed the front screen without any problems. You need to drill holes to mount fans unless you use the plastic clip mounts. The HEC powersupply is a good powersupply but it is too low to do any serious ocing. The pluses for this case are good airflow with quiet fans, rubber bushings for HDD mounting, built in front filter, and adequate room.

What do you mean the fan screens? The fan grills? I can't cut them out in the back :(
Thx for telling me mate!
Ritalin

Ritalin said:
What do you mean the fan screens? The fan grills? I can't cut them out in the back :(
Thx for telling me mate!
Ritalin

Of course you can cut out the grills. Many people do it. It's the only thing this case really needs to turn it into a great case. It doesn't weaken the back at all to cut out the grills.

3700AMB06.jpg

Yes that is the 6A case with the plastic fan holders removed. Considering the metal thickness of this case, I still think cutting that close to the bevel will create a weak spot that can bend or buckle. I handle this case a lot changing components frequently. After the New Year, I going to use it to update my workstation, I going to remove the fan screen since it will stay in one place with the same configuration.

I also use this case and have both my front and back fan grills cut out. This is a solid, well built case and I have no fears that my case is any weaker due to cutting out the grill.

This is a fairly common mod for this case (and the Antec SLK-3700 which is based on this case) and this is the first time I have ever even heard of someone concerned about this. The fact that the back panel of the case is folded around the side should provide all of the support that is neccessary.

Thanks for the info, I could be wrong concerning the weak spot in this case when removing the rear fan screen. I intend to remove the rear fan screen as soon as I get the time. There was a noticeable lowering of the fan noise when I removed the front screen. If any problems arise, I'll post back.

i also removed front and back of my 3700 and no problems supporting itself. and i have more **** in this case than any human ever, so it can handle it.

as for noise i have no clue because my tornado and 120mm fans that move over 150cfm are deafening.

Ok, so i guess ill be getting this case...
the thing is that on their website it says that case is 2*8 at front and 1 *12 at back...
check for CI-6A19, not LX-6A19... god this is so confusing and annoying!!!
Ritalin
PS: what 120mm fans should i use? vantec stealth?

Ritalin said:

PS: what 120mm fans should i use? vantec stealth?

Currently I am using JMCs in my lx-6a19. They sound pretty good undervolted. The only way to fit a 38mm fan on the front is to remove the fan mounting and drill your own holes. Also you won't be able to use rubber grommets. If you do all that you can just barely squeeze a 38mm. Otherwise a 25mm fits fine.

i also have 1 evercool 120x25 aluminum fan, one YStech 120x38, and one papst screamer 120x38. the plastic holder on the rear holds in the aluminum fan, the plastic has holes through it for screws to enter and hold on my YStech (its outside of the case on the rear, i switch it on during the hot days to really get that air out of there. the papst in the front has plastic removed and newly drilled holes.

Back