• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it Possible to unlock the GREEN Thornton xp2400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jerky

hey, i just saw a green thronton xp2400 on newegg and was wondering if it could be unlocked to get the full l2 512k cache?

or is there some type of difference between the green and the regular brown version? and if so can anyone give me a link that shows how to unlock the green thornton xp2400?

also, i have an abit AT7 and was wondering if it would even support a l2 512k cache. or do i have to do something to the board or the volatage in the bios?

i won't be overclocking this one, i just want to utilize the l2 512k cache if i can.

thanks
:)

thanks for the reply. i'm going to go look at some in a store right now.

whooohooo!

Last edited:
yres its possible i got a 2200+ today with a barton stepping and the die is the same as a barton core :eek: is mine a thronton ???

stepping is AXDA2200DUV3C AQXEA 0334

Last edited:
AQXEA means Barton core. And since it's week 34, it's most likely unlocked. You lucky dawg! :D

All Thortons say AXDC2000 or AXDC2200 or AXDC2400.

its unlocked (i know) when i got out the comp fair i said to mums b/fs that mans stupid. ive had it at 180*11 but it wasnt stable i dont really wanna bust it its only new today im not unlcoking the extra 256k cache either as its not my comp to mess with lol

he gave it to us for £58 plus a heatsink/fan off my choice :D

Steven4563 said:
yres its possible i got a 2200+ today with a barton stepping and the die is the same as a barton core :eek: is mine a thronton ???

stepping is AXDA2200DUV3C AQXEA 0334

that is not a thorton the prefix is wrong and the stepping is for a
barton very unusual,might be a remarked chip as there are no 2200 bartons.are you sure its not axdc 2200?

im sure but i could be wrong but i dont think i am coz as soon as i see it i thought to myself thats a barton but its not in CPU-Z codename is thorton

im not taking the comp apart again the heatsink is everyhard to get on compared to others :(

Well if it looks like a Barton and it walks like a Barton but the L2 cacke is 256k instead of 512k, it's a Thorton (that's the definition of a Thorton: a Barton with half the cache disabled, regardless of steppings etc.)

stamasd said:
Well if it looks like a Barton and it walks like a Barton but the L2 cacke is 256k instead of 512k, it's a Thorton (that's the definition of a Thorton: a Barton with half the cache disabled, regardless of steppings etc.)
well... does anyone have that link to that website that talks about how to unlock all the bartons/thorntons, and other amd cpu's?

the page i'm talking about was the one made by those genius russian dudes that unlocked all of them. i think it was a .ru page as well.

Last edited:
Jerky said:
well... does anyone have that link to that website that talks about how to unlock all the bartons/thorntons, and other amd cpu's?

the page i'm talking about was the one made by those genius russian dudes that unlocked all of them. i think it was a .ru page as well.

Do you mean this one? :D

But it won't help you if the CPU is locked. So far all Thortons that are multiplier-locked also cannot have their L2 reenabled by this method.

yes! that was the one!

heh, but i can't translate it... :eek:

BUT i did find the page i was looking for that was talking ABOUT that website itself, here's the link!

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20030930171549.html

kick arse web page!!!!!!

thank you everyone for all the help.

EDIT: oops! c627627 had the very link up that i as looking for.

i had finally found it right after he put it up on this thread... smacks self about theface several times. special thanks to c627627.

Back