• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I did not know sticks of the same ram were so different! -corsair 3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gplracer

I have a 8RDA+ motherboard. I was running my 1700+ at 215x11with hyperx 3500 ram and no problems at all. I noticed there were a lot of people having problems with hyperx running dual channel at speeds over 200fsb. I called newegg and asked I could exchange it for corsair because of this issue. They said no problem even though I had bought the ram 3 months before. My corsair 3500 ram that I got would only do 21fsb stable. I just got another stick and that stick does 215 stable like the hyperx. I guess all ram is not equal.

gplracer said:
I guess all ram is not equal.

Now that my friend, is the statement of a learning man. I am still suprised by all the variances that can be found in memory. It can really boggle the mind sometimes.

Its just like the CPUs the mixture of the chemicals that make up the properties can change slightly and make the final chip different. The weather in the factory can change slightly the machine mixing all the stuff up can be a little off from batch to batch all this can cause small changes to the final product.

When the spreaders are mounted they can be mounted in different ways also, using glue, or the coolent tape it all is part of the final product.

THere is so many variables in these componets you never know what your gona get really.

I bought 2 1800+ chips from newegg both are week 33 one runs 2000 and one runs 2300 the one that runs 2300 runs so much cooler at the same speed and i have no idea why its just the core.

Back