• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alucard

I will be getting cable shortly and will need to pickout a cable modem and a wireless networking kit to split my connection between two comps. I heard the Motorola SB5100 cable modem is good so I will probably be picking that up, I am still lost on the wireless networking stuff (what all I need and which is the best one) any help would be appreciated :) .

well i myself use linksys wmp54g pci cards with a linksys wap54g access point. there is one computer connected to the internet, and that computer is connected to the AP, then the rest of the computers have the pci cards. i havent had much experiance with anything but linksys, so i cant say if its the best, but i have no complaints.

Oh, thanks I understand now, I was always confused on what you needed, I looked at some ads and noticed different things for wireless but I never saw them at the same time. Anymore advice or experiences would be appreciated :) .

Back