• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What clock speeds have you be getting water cooling the 9800pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What water block? Can I ask you what scores was at those clock speeds in 3DMark03 and what your base score was at stock speeds?

it depends which core you have unfortuantly
With a beefy zalman sink and 80mm fan I can only hit 397mhz on the gpu :(
But my ram will go up to 373mhz

9mmCensor said:
That with a Hydra?

Yes - second rev prototype.

Can I ask you what scores was at those clock speeds in 3DMark03 and what your base score was at stock speeds?

It's been a while since I ran 3DMark2003 (~5 months). The score I had back then was 7560, done with a Barton @ 2.78GHz (water-cooled). The score I set held the #1 AMD position on the ORB for about 2 months until the first Opterons started showing up. The benchmark linked to shows a 563MHz core. I did do a run with 570MHz core speed (no artefacts either) but scored lower somehow. :( Anything higher than 570MHz just locked up - again no artefacting.

Sorry, I have no idea what my stock scores are. I never run at stock speeds.

Cathar said:

Sorry, I have no idea what my stock scores are. I never run at stock speeds.

hahah who does? lolz

I have a 9800np and running 452... Anything above that ill get snowy screen when running DX9 games. This can be fixed with more voltage with vmod but dont want to risk frying my 9800

6640 -> 3DMark03
21605 -> 3DMark01

yeah how the hell did ya get it all the way at 535? Right now I cant go above 430 with air so going WC soon. You had to do a volt mod right? If so what core voltage are you running right now?

kouch said:
yeah how the hell did ya get it all the way at 535? Right now I cant go above 430 with air so going WC soon. You had to do a volt mod right? If so what core voltage are you running right now?

Card won't do more than 450MHz without artefacting with the standard air-cooling (Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro).

Able to do 515MHz with the water-cooling without artefacting and no volt-mods

Able to do the 535MHz with 1.80v Vcore mod (~1.60v seems to be what it runs with as stock).

So the volt-mod only bought an extra 20MHz.

So yeah, if we're talking totally unmodified except for the water-cooling, then 515MHz core speed.

If I keep reading these forums I will be forced to watercool my videocard and I simply don't have the time for it! Stop all this videocard watercooling talk immediately!!! :D j/k of course. Carry on folks, we need more info on what blocks you are using and so forth... :)

My video card feels very cool on the back of the pcb where the gpu is. I have a DD R9700 block. It's not the greatest block.
I think that video cards are not that hot compared to cpu's, so if you don't have a volt-modded card then any block will work fine.

Back