Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop
Forum Jump

Eheim 1250 1/2" ??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-08-03, 08:45 AM Thread Starter   #1
leggysoe

Talking Eheim 1250 1/2" ??

Which adapter do I need for inlet of eheim 1250?

I'm trying to build 1/2" sys but only outlet seems to be 1/2" compatible...How did you guys solve this problem?

LMK
leggysoe is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-08-03, 09:25 AM   #2
will_maltby

According to eheim's own specs;

Inlet (suction side) = 3/4"
Outlet (pressure) = 1/2"

Though I can tell you as an owner of one, that the outlet is smaller than 1/2" once you adda barb, and the inlet is just over 1/2". I use 3/8" silicon tubing and it fits very well on the outlet (perfectly infact, 1/2" my arse), and I've managed to stretch it over the inlet. It was a struggle, but doable with patience.

If you're gunna use 1/2" tubing, it'll fit nicely on the inlet, but will probably have to be hose clamped to the outlet.

*EDIT*
*counter edit* I really don't care how angered you are, if you circumvent the swear filter again you will be banned.
-eobard
will_maltby is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-08-03, 12:38 PM   #3
eobard
Give me a break Senior

10 Year Badge

Leggysoe, just boil some water and hold the ned of the hose you want to put on the inlet in the boiling/boiled water for a minute or two, that'll soften it up and you can easily stretch it over the inlet barb. The problem you'll probably have with wanting to go all 1/2" hose is the outlet, it will be a bit of a loose fit so you'll definitely need to put a clamp on it.

Old 12-08-03, 01:18 PM   #4
Jibjo

What he said about boiling and clamping... I just finished assembling home made sys with 1250 and 1/2 inch tubing. Just use the stock plastic barbs that come with the pump, avoid kinks and tight turns, and your flow will be just great. I was going to put new and bigger barbs on but testing the pump stock showed excellent flow, so I abandoned that bright idea for now. If you do put new ones on, be sure that the inside diameter of the inlet is at least 1/8 inch larger than the ID of the outlet.

4:Dell Laptop, Inspiron 9100 2.8
5:A8N32 Homemade WC/ Storm

0d f0 0d g0 is better than 0d f0 ad 0b :)(byte flip)
Jibjo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-08-03, 01:41 PM   #5
Wicked Klown
Hard Ass Southern Boy Senior

10 Year Badge

IF you want just go to home depot and put up 1/2" by 1/2"NPT and 1/2" by 3/8"NPT plastic barbs and replace the stock ones.

Media Server | Norco RPC-470 | GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 | Phenom II X4 925 Deneb | 8gigs G.SKILL Ripjaws PC3 10666 | 64gig Crucial M4 | x2 2TB Samsung F3 | x2 1TB Samsung F1 | x1 2TB Samsung F4 | 500gigs Seagate 7200.10 | Sapphire HD4830 HDMI | Corsair 650hx

HEAT

"Never surrender. You're too much of a hardass to die on everyone." - Voodoo Rufus
Wicked Klown is offline Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cooling > Water Cooling
Water Cooling Discussion devoted to blocks, pumps, radiators, reservoirs, tubing, and everything else to get you running smooth on a water loop