• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Call of duty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blownsix

any time i play call of duty il get a VPU recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commnads. what the hell is causing this every time i can play for about 10 min then it this happens. I have a 9600XT wiht the 3.9 catilyst OS is XP Pro wiht SP1

Last edited:
Sounds like you either overclocked your card too high and it's getting hot. Or, the HS isn't on that thing well enough and it's burning up.

I had this happen, then I looked again and found that my HS had popped off, lol.

I have that exact same problem with my 9800. But only when there is water in the game i have to run it in safe mode till the water part is over then it is fine.

Jeff

I'm having a similar problem too, it just randomly locks up, I'm using the beta 3.10's and i've got write combining off. I'm pretty sure my waterblock is still attached firmly, I don't know how it couldn't be. I still haven't finished COD because of this. :(

Try Running the Catalyst 3.7 Drivers, AFTER REMOVING all traces of ATi drivers on your comp. That fixed my problem with Halo, and I am having no problems with COD right now. Im running 16x Ainso and AA with high framerates, no problems yet.

Also make sure your settings are set for optimal quality, ATi seems to be funny about only workin on High.

well my COD used to crash on me like that all the freaking time
i changed my sound to that 2d sound and it stoped yeat i have a sblive platnum but if it stops thats what ill leave it at

I had the exact same problem with COD. Also the Beyond Good and Evil demo would crash after starting, and the Max Payne 2 demo wouldn't start. Turns out I didn't have AGP Texture Acceleration enabled in DirectX. After running dxdiag, I realized the button was greyed out. I had to uninstall my Catalyst drivers, get updated mobo drivers and reinstall Catalyst. Solved the AGP Texture Acceleration problem, and now all three games work without a hitch. :D

Back