• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I need my P4 mounting bracket to install a vapochill XE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eliteoneXP

cuz i kinda took it off and lost a few push pins to it...do i need this mount to install my vapochill XE?

well you *might * need the brackets. you see the brackets hold the cpu socket from moving. i took off the 4push pins on my cpu bracket once and the heatsink socket clip just came out w/ the evap

if you dont have them sgtick something in the holes because this will secure the socket or esle it might come out

What do you mean by bracket? The bracket on the back IS what holds the heatsink holder in place. With a vapoxe you replace that, like if you had an slk-*00 and wanted to use it from amd on intel, so with two horizontal bars that have holes to screw the evap into.

so basically ur saying the plastic bracket around the socket isnt needed at all?

The black thing with 4 holes for heatsinks IS required as well as the 4 plastics clips to hold it to your mobo. I misplaced mine when I watercooled my cpu but luckily I found them again.
I believe everything is included for the AMD kit as this clips directly onto the socket area where as the P4 uses the retaining mechanism that came with your mobo by putting 2 steel rods through it so you can screw the evap head onto it.

BT

Im pretty sure it doesnt need the retaining bracket from the mobo because it has both its own backplate with insulating and heater and the one on the front side.

Effulgence said:
Im pretty sure it doesnt need the retaining bracket from the mobo because it has both its own backplate with insulating and heater and the one on the front side.

Mine didn't come with a backplate, just x2 heaters, 2 steel bars and some insulation, just noticed from the manual that it did come with replacement screws for the backplate. I bought mine about 4 months ago so perhaps they now include the backplate?
It did seem odd that you had to use the backplate that came with the mobo.

err I think I used the word backplate too much hehe :)

BT

Back