• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

N64 controller software needed badly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

Im looking for software I use to have to drive my N64 controller that has been modded for connetion to the print port on my PC.
The software was named Dpadpro and only supported win95/98 and did not work on winXP. There was a version of Dpadpro released by someone out there that did work on winXP, I use to have this version and it worked very well but lost it along time ago now when my hard drive crashed. Ive been looking all over the net to find it again. I did find other different types of software but none work as well as Dpadpro for winXP.

Just so you know what type of modded N64 controller input device I have, here is the web page instuctions/plans in which my controller was built.
http://home.t-online.de/home/stephan.hans/n64.htm

If you know where I could find it, that would be surpreme!

Last edited:
I had a good search and the latest version of dpadpro seems to be 5.0 so maybe it was a different program with NT support? Anyway I found the floowing page with a few different ones that support NT that you may want to give a try.

http://www.zophar.net/joy.html

Yeah I tryed a few of the others but some didnt work and NTPAD would crash.
I can't remmeber where I found the dpadpro program or what version it was, but it was some strange asian site way back then. It took me ages to find then as well.
During my searches lately I have been coming up with a 5.2 version in thai language I think it is but haven't been able to download the link on any of them.

I'll have another dig around and see what I can find. But if nobody can find it maybe it would be easier to convert it to USB? There seems to be penty of support for USB knocking about. :)

Thanks just tryed the PSXPAD driver again, gives me a "I/O Address was unaccquirable" message. It then asks me to "Please set up manually". Iv'e been right through all 4 of the slectable addresses but none of them work before then, but... now it does with the version I downloaded from that page, I just got it to work with port 378.

Some sort of crazy pulsating on screen during games is happening. Wonder what it is?

Last edited:
Back