• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

winter break :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjmnam

man, i'm going to lose almost 4.8 Ghz from mid december to early january. damn college borgs. maybe i can convince them to leave their computers on over the break so i can get the full potential of the cpus. anyone know if colleges frown on leaving stuff like that on?

Mine always made us turn off and unplug everything.

Due to fire hazard reasons. Remember the Georgetown diaster?

Some colleges do. I myself am in a 9 month dorm, so they don't cut the power off. I can leave my stuff on. I don't even have to leave for breaks, but that's no fun.

{PMS}fishy said:
Mine always made us turn off and unplug everything.

Due to fire hazard reasons. Remember the Georgetown diaster?

no

well, i guess my production will be cutting back to around 700ppw or so for those few weeks.

Yeah, same here. Over christmass my main rig at Uni will be down damnit. I could leave it on, but I wouldnt take the risk.

I will prolly be leaving my dually on and folding at my flat cos chances are the flat will be empty only for a couple days max at a time.

I'm going to leave all of my stuff on, but I have no way to reboot them if there is an error or anything.

Back