• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 9600 with Centrino?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
Do they have laptops with a Mobility Radeon 9600 together with a Centrino processor?

that's what I want...any recommendations?

Well just checkin at dell they got a 8600 with the following for 1558+tax+shipping...I've heard of 15% off 999 and up laptops from dell as well so it may be even cheaper, anyway here is the laptop:
512 2 dimms
1.5 centrino
15.4" SXGA (UXGA is about 150 more and will take longer to ship)
XP home...can upgrade for like 70 bucks if you need pro
DVD/CDRW
128mb 9600 "turbo" don't know the turbo thing it's just on dells site, 40gb HDD.

I don't do dell :)
or HP
or compaq
or any others like that, not even alienware.

I like the looks and the setups of Sager Notebooks..and I think that I may go with one of those.

Hmm, I did a quick search and couldn't find a sager with centrino and 9600pro....why do you need the centrino?

For my dad..he wants performance, but I don't think that he needs the super P4...

a centrino has more battary life, and I think that that is what he wants. He wants to watch DVDs in bed without a cord..

I guess having a 9600 in there kinda defies the centrino..

Welp, Ya arnt gonna have many

IF any choices if you dont do Dell, HP, and all the others. The laptops today Have a great Battery life. Theyt last much longer. I have 2 Toshiba Laptops. One is Celeron 1.06 and the other is P4 2.0 The batteries last longer on the P4 I can get through almost 2 DVD's before changing batteries.

If thats all you want the Laptop for, The portable DVD players are Getting VERY cheap, and thats all they do. Youd be better off getting one.

Harry

no, this will be used for reading,office,video,music,games...

so I need a laptop.

maybe I will go with the full P4..but the Centrino looks a lot better on battary life.

The Centrino is a great mobil

solution. But wanting that with the ATI chip might be tough is all. All in all the P4 will run that laptop like butter, and as i said the tech These days in the laptops is alot better than it was even a year ago. Battery life isnt as much of an issue as it once was.

Harry

so how much easier is the CEntrino on the battary than the normal P4?

Back