• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Postal2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

janey

Can't get it to work ?
says general protection fault and i also dnlded the patch 1337
The game strts for 3 Sec. then i get a box thats says this

General protection fault!

History: UpdateAnimation <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Can some guide me to get the game going ..:}:}

Last edited:
Sorry about the attachment file

What a dummy i am. wrong pic....

I did it so fast didn't realize the pic i uploaded.

JANEY :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• angelica.gif
    angelica.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 512
right.... I'm sure that's what you meant to put.
Anyway, have you tried reinstalling and then try the game; then if that works applying the patch again. If when you apply the patch it fails. Redownload the patch and start over.

Patch '1337' ? You don't say :| Interesting, well if you would like some help you should give us more information such as mobo, processor, vid card and what drivers you are currently running off of. Hard to help without this as that looks like an Unreal engine crash to me.

J :cool:

Postal 2

I just got the Alienware laptop Area 51 with P4 2.8 ghz, 256 MB ram,
Nivida 5600 FXGO with 128MB Module , 60 GB HD,
also on
my PC i have a AMD XP 1700+
1.47 Ghz with 512 MB of ram Video card is VGA Leadtek GF2 Ti 64mb tv rtl
120 WD HD
I also just dnlded the upgrade for the Leadtek vedio driver for PC and i still get the general protection fualt. ??

Both of them are WIN XP.PRO

Well, if its right in the beggining, and you have never got it to work, then most likely, a run file is corrupted. Uninstall everything, and then reinstall, and close other programs while doing this, so as not to cause file corruption.
It should be pretty quick, and over 50% of the times, a problem like this is fixed by this.

Back