• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOL launches new pay ladder style gaming service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"The new AOL Ladders service, a partnership with Case's Ladder, a division of eUniverse Inc. EUNI.PK , will be offered for games on Sony Corp.'s 6758.T PlayStation 2 console. Support for Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s 7974.OS GameCube is planned for next year."

For consoles? Seems like they are targetting the audience that uses comps for the net, and consoles for games. That means, mostly very un-l33t gamers.

the sad thing is this will probably be HUGE, just because AOL is so popular with the non comp-savvy, Dell buying masses out there.

I just hope it doesn't become so popular that good games are released with an "AOL only" multiplayer.

However, that would likely prove to be the death of the sales of that game...now that I think about it. Since I personally don't use consoles for gaming I have little to worry about.

Now that's a huge waste of money... The sad thing is, I'm sure they'll snag a bunch of 13 yr olds who think they pwnz THUG or Madden or something. Notice there wasn't any product being released for X-Box or PC????

Back