• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hooking up a 2.5" LCD from mini tv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nukemall

No Classified access for me
I was thinking of getting a 25$ mini tv and putting it on the front panel of my computer. IS that posisble it should be similar to the PS1 screen mod tho it might be more complex then it seems.

note poster: needs sleep....

haha sry about that

Well what case do you have?

and another thing, $25, are you sure u didnt mean $250?

everclock said:
and another thing, $25, are you sure u didnt mean $250?

yard sale probably. (I love yard sales)

it would probably be very easy of the small tv had some sort of video out on it. be that component or s-video as mentioned earlier

Wow, this thread has the lamest replies I've ever read :eek: . First off, I don't doubt 2.5 inch LCDs cost 25$ used, not 25 inches, or $250s or a CRT....but once we get past that crap....

Some LCD Tvs will have inputs right on them for video, you might be able to cut a hole for the LCD and leave it whole and together inside your case. Then just route a cable from a video card TV out into a card slot and into the TV.

If the TV does not have video-in, it's still probably possible since most portable TVs will be using the NTSC standard, but it'll take some more effort, research and ingenuity on your part. It's likely you can solder an RCA connector to a VIN and ground pin within your TV, but finding those can be a pain, and I don't know your comfort level with soldering, or risking your $25 purchase.

A few months ago there was an excellent thread about someone doing so with an old B&W LCD Tv he had. I would find it for you, but I'm lazy - if you do some searching you can probably find it yourself.

Good luck on your project, having LCDs in the front of your computer is one of the coolest mods you can pull off with relatively small amounts of effort.

-Jeff

Back