• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which waterblock to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which waterblock to get

• D-Tek WhiteWater

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • Dangerden RBX

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • Stick with air or Eobard will ban you

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Nahh, I wouldn't ban anyone for that -eobard

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok a few weeks a go my Swifty started leaking and I thought hey it's time for a block upgrade. My choices are either the D-Tek Whitewater or the Dangerden RBX. I'll be using it to cool my Barton 2500 and want the best. If you would after you vote please tell me why you picked what you did.

Remember please don't turn this in to a debate. All I ask is that you tell me why you picked what you did.

Last edited:
upgrade from a swifty!?!?! you B@ATARD! those or uber leet blocks impossible to upgrade :)

seriously though...whats your system now? 1/4, 1/2, or 3/8 how many blocks in the loop what heater core....this is like asking how long is a peice of strink...no way of knowing without numbers....give us more info or this is quickly going to turn into which is the most popular block poll :)

I have the Swiftech MCW462-UHT and the pelt is not on it at the moment. My cooling is a block you already know, Eheim 1250, 1986 Chevette heatercore all using 1/2" ClearFlex60. Also two people have voted if you would remember to tell why you picked your choice.

I had a Maze3 and a WW and found the fit and finish better on the Maze3. The blocks are very similiar with three main differences that I see.
1. RBX has wavy channels w/dimples where WW has
straight/smooth channels
2. RBX has 6 screws to hold the top plate to the base instead of
the 4 on the WW.
3. WW has o-rings to seal the barbs where as the RBX has to
rely on a sealant
I personally am going back to my TC-4 as it gave nearly identical performance as the WW. Check my sig for specs. If performance is the same, Id rather have the freer flowing block with a quieter pump. The freer flowing block should also allow for more flexibility with the addition of more blocks in the loop.

Well the CPU will be the only block in the loop ever. I already have the Eheim and can't hear the thing running at all unless I turn my rig off.

No I meant if I go back to water Eobard will ban me. I've had alot of trouble lately with watercooling.

Last edited:
lol, thats what I voted just because I didnt know what to vote for;)

I would say rbx because dangerden blocks are made really well, high quality, D-teks white water seems to be very very poor quality lately.

Jon

JFettig said:
lol, thats what I voted just because I didnt know what to vote for;)

I would say rbx because dangerden blocks are made really well, high quality, D-teks white water seems to be very very poor quality lately.

Jon
Actually, D-Tek has improved the base finish considerably. The D-Tek WW is a fine piece of work, the ONLY thing ever in question was the base finish. I lap all my blocks (except for the SS of course :p ) and you would all be wise to do the same (Swiftech is another that one should not lap), I have had many DD blocks with iffy bases.

I dunno. It seems that the RBX might be a tad bit better than the WW. It's unclear, but, because of the price difference, I would go with the WW, and lap it really well.

I wouldn't ban anyone just because of their choice in cooling. How'd/where'd the Swifty leak?

well.. the only thing worth putting on the poll is the cascade, then again everyone knows cascade ownz everything eles, so theres no point to that. i guess its a competitive thing comparing two blocks with similar designs.
which brings me to my vote, d-tek WW.
the whole 'accelerating plate' thing just doesn't work for me
and wavy channels.. just to distinguish it from WW.
pathetic if u ask me.. hmph

Back