• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ibook LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DayUSeX

well i got a friend with a busted Ibook and im geting the LCD, so my question is how would i hook it up to a PC. Im pretty much a n00b when it comes to LCD hacking. Thnx.

umm any help as it is in my hands and i was wondering if there was a diagram or nething on how to rewire it to vga, and make its powre cable into a molex or what not

This is going to be pretty advanced if not impossible to do. I kind of doubt you will find an answer here in brief, although somebody might surprise us with a link or something.

yeah i figured that, i registerd at a mac forum *sigh* non seem to know either, so now its gues and test, if it works ill let everyone know how it went/how to due it

I remember seeing alot of people ask this about a year ago. It is possible, but not very efficient or that cheap. I would sell it on ebay. I sold my sister's for about 150 bucks. :cool:

did you sell the LCD or the ibook, as i found a pinout diagram and am working on chaning it to vga, but im totally stuck on what to do about the power, its the darndest thing ever

See if you can find the power specs....I just ripped up my buddies really old thinkpad trying to get the LCD...there was no way to make a vga signal work with it unless I spent a ton of time making a controller for it. The power went through a high voltage inverter too...don't know if that does the same or not though. You'd be in luck if it's 6v, 9v or 12v....or a multiple of either of those.

Back