• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sp-97 Now Avaliable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
archilochus said:
The long awaited release of the SP-97 from THERMALRIGHT has
finally occurred.See your favorite E seller for pricing and avalibility.
www.heatsinkfactory.com has them in stock.THE FANMAN:cool:

REVIEW LINK :D

LINK

Mine was shipped today. I'll should have it Monday, but probably won't have a chance to install it until after the weekend (sigh). I may have to modify the Zalman NB cooler, too, in order to clear the SP-97.

blkgti,Did you order it from the above site? Its the only place I can find that has it in stock.Not for me mind you.But for you guys!
Theres a place in Canada ,but it says these are preorder units?!
Naturaly you will give us a update on the SP-97,s performance.
Off subject.the car I was thinking about was a Buick Muscle Car.
I'm familiar with the VW.Nice ride! THE FANMAN:cool:

archilochus said:
blkgti,Did you order it from the above site? Its the only place I can find that has it in stock.

I ordered the SP-97 from them last night. I didn't see anyone else with them in stock, either.

Naturaly you will give us a update on the SP-97,s performance.

Of course! It's gonna be hard waiting almost a week to install the sucker. Who knows, I might pop it in a little sooner. It's just that I'd really like to have some time to check-out its cooling prowess and there won't be enough time for devote to it.

Off subject.the car I was thinking about was a Buick Muscle Car.
I'm familiar with the VW.Nice ride! THE FANMAN:cool:

Thanks! Mine's a '91. At this point, I can't find any reason to sell it and the odds are that it'll stay with us for quite a while.

Last edited:
Yea,heatsinkfactory was the 1st one to have the SP-94 when it came out.I always check there 1st. Nice outfitt to do business with. THE FANMAN:cool:

I picked mine up from their also, it should be here today. :D I called all kinds of resellers and half of them didn't even know what it was or that it was out yet. Even my distributors didn't have it yet so this is the only place but at least its a good one. :)

Another cool thing about heatsinkfactory.com is if your a first time buyer as I was they send you an email requesting a resellerratings.com review. Tell them when you do and they give you 10% off your next order plus a free tube of Arctic Silver 3!

wannaoc said:
Another cool thing about heatsinkfactory.com is if your a first time buyer as I was they send you an email requesting a resellerratings.com review. Tell them when you do and they give you 10% off your next order plus a free tube of Arctic Silver 3!

FrozenCPU does that, too. BTW, which fan are you planning on using with the SP-97. I'll probably start-out with a Panflo U1A with mine, just to keep as many things as a constant as possible. After a while, I'm sure I'll try all the other fans sitting around the house. I just got some high speed 80mm Mechatronics fans that look really promising to add to the "collection," as my wife calls it. I was originally going to use them as intake fans in the Lian-Li that I'm building, but I've got another idea. If it pans-out, I'll post some pics.

Any new news? I've only seen a couple reviews on the sp-97, and was wondering if it lived up to expectation? Also, do you have (or is it better) to use shims when using this heatsink? Since it's SOO heavy.

Interesting Question! I bet if you asked blkgti he would know.You might send him a PM. We need a thread to report SP-97 temp improvements to. IllestONE thats a good way to get some posts.
If you want to do it ,try google for more reviews, and post the links.:D ""What are your results w/SP 97?"".... THE FANMAN:cool:

Good idea :) I guess that makes more sense doing it that way.

I've searched google and most of the ones I find are in different languages.

but i'll take your advice, thx :p

I too will be awaiting real life performance specs with bated breath.
At first look I was very impressed with this unit, but subsequent musing has lead to some questions.
I have heatpipe coolers already mounted to my HDD and Vid card.
Both units stress the proper orientation of the heatpipe.
This heatsink violates this tenet.
Instead of the hot fluid boiling, vaporizing, RISING, cooling, condensing and then flowing back down to repeat the cycle, in this application the tubes don't rise and fall but go side to side. It appears that gravity has been eliminated as a return method for the cooled, condensed fluid.
Am I being clear? This is hard to explain with words...

where in the uk can i buy one of these beauties? id be most grateful if someone can find a link

I guess they haven't hit that part of the world yet. I searched Google for a half hour going in circles.I have a link for you to check out.They ship and have the HS.Perhaps a asia importer there,would know if its available .I'll check Thermalrights site for places to buy.Buy,THE FANMAN:cool:

SP 97 LINK

baltoos said:
Vrykyl,
As a more easily obtained alternative,Overclockers UK has the Thermalright SP94 for £37.95 (£44.59 Including VAT at 17.5%) The SP94 is similar to the SP97 & should do an adequate job of cooling you CPU.
-Dave

But the sp94 is for p4 motherboards, and does not fit the amd boards without modifications, and in Vrykyl's sig, he has an amd platform :) The sp97 fits amd boards.

thanks for the link archilochus, i checked it out but they'll only except my order for overseas shipping if i supply them with a picture of the front and back of my credit card :confused: and a copy of my billing address from a valid document - neither of which they need (not for legit purposes anyway).
Thanks anyway, i hope they hit uk stores soon.....

Back