• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking life sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cwindsor

OK....

I have a 2.6c slwf (china)... The chip seems to do fine... Really no problems. I have bought kingston hyperx pc4000. (which has been my best so far). I have bought Komusa pc4200 (Which has been my worst). And last some PC3200 samsung (which has been my in between memory. The kingsston got up to 250...the Komusa would only do 235! and this stuff is pc4200....YEA right!
My Cheap samsung is doing 235.

My point... What should be a good FSB on a 2.6??? 250? or should I be hitting a better FSB???

I just want to check.

I am waiting to see what KOMUSA sends me as a replacement for the PC4200 that would only do 235! :mad:

Attachments

• cpu.jpg
    cpu.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 58
i cant vouch for the generic(cheap) version of komusa's ram... but i got some hyperram(2x256) pc4000 with the adata chips from them and the stuff rocks! over 290 1-1. On a more serious note, there have been a lot of issues with the 865, 875 chipset and the faster memory. i suspect that could be an issue on your part because even the cheaper memory should run at its rated speed..

as for how fast will your cpu go? the average is around 3.2,3.4. that would equate to around 250-260 fsb

Back