• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant go over 260 fsb 3/2 MO 2.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

just got my 2.4 mo and hit a wall, cant go over 260 fsb 3/2 disabled everything nothing workers it just beeps. could it be my corsair ram holding me back it is 3200LL oem timings 2326 is that ch5 ram. I have bios 19

IC7 yes it wont post at 265 at 3/2 it just beeps i have not got to any cooling problems yet. i just removed 2.6c that was running at 254 fsb 3.3g so far the 2.4 is a let down, big time i hope this is a CH5 problem.

With Winbond CH-5 chips it's unlikely you can go over 260 MHz FSB. I was stuck at 262 FSB for a long time with CH-5. Didn't know about this issue and tried 3 different procs (2 D1's and 1 C1). Finally I tried with other memory, and now the bottleneck is gone. And my mobo is a P4P800.

However my Proc does 3.2 GHz stable at default volts, no higher. It's an MO 2.4C. Hope you get higher clocks with different memory.

I think that is my problem i have corsair 3200LL oem timing is 2-3-2-6 dou you think this is CH5 chip thanks for the the help i feel better i freaked out at first. good support group. orderd MUSHKIN 3500 level II. what is your pack date mine is 11/21/03
FPO/Batch 3335A449

Could also be the limit of your chip. I have a 2.4C M0 and I've tried BH5, Samsung, Micron, with timings tight and also relaxed, and the top end of this thing is about 3.2ish. Let's be realistic, not all M0's are great o'cers.

lyle what is your pack date mine is 11/21/03
FPO/Batch 3335A449

Yes that is what im worried about it is costing me allot of money to go slower than i was before. at 3.3GhZ s with my 2.6c at 255 FSB just trying to figure out if i should cut my loses and sell the chip and when i receive the memory not open and return it. The cost of this about $453.00 total for this move.

Last edited:
pack date doesn't mean a thing, as OEM chips don't have pack dates. My batch number is 3331XXXX, so I have a Costa Rica week 31 whereas you have a CR week 35. Hmmmm.....

I have an older L310XXXX 2.4C which is a Malaysia "L" week 10 D1 stepping that is at 3.4 at default, so that is a much better chip to o'c than the M0. Some guys are getting pretty good M0 chips, but at this point it's a crapshoot as to how well they'll o'c.

Yes i agree I believe there is no rime or reason but we all hope to try and find one. i feel it is like playing cards it's better to try to win then not care and loose all the time.

from intel
Variation and Statistical Designs
Q2: Is it strange to think of transistors not behaving consistently?

No, because we see variation today. For example, if you take a thousand samples of Intel® Pentium® 4 processors, there is some speed variation from chip to chip. Some high-speed ones, some low-speed ones, some average ones, all in a nice Gaussian distribution. The highest bin is the 3 Ghz chips, the middle is 2.8, and the bottom ones go to other uses. My number one goal is to make sure that everything can go into that highest bin, in spite of variations.

In the future, a chip will have millions, if not billions of transistors. Each transistor has a probability of meeting the performance target. In the past, the spread of this probability was very small. But in the future, due to variability in individual transistors, the whole chip could yield different results.

Think of this analogy. If piston sizes in car engines came with variability, then the cars that were produced would show variation in performance. The Mustang* that you could buy might have a 5-liter engine, for instance. But some of those engines would have roughly 220 horsepower, and some would have around 280 horsepower. You as a consumer would not be happy.

My 2.4C has maxed out at the 3.2 GHz mark at 266 MHz FSB.
It does 3.2 GHz at stock voltages - but won't stay stable even at 3.3 GHz (with or without voltage increase). Changed my CH-5 chip RAMs (with CH-5 I was stuck at 3.1 GHz and 260 FSB). But now it seems like the CPU has hit its limit and will go no further.

Many ppl have got outstanding M0 chips and have hit 3.4 GHz or higher; I might go for a new M0 with November pack date if possible, or keep my chip and wait for Prescott or Tejas.

Did you disable the last two settings in GAT. with my new mem I'm at 3.3 with
ease mem still not good enough i need better memory. vcor does not help my rig
at all that is how i can tell it's not the 2.4mo 1/1 3/2 5/4 it fails the same
way

Last edited:
Back