• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

power led blinking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigsoomo

hey guys,,,i left my computer on and went out. came home and the monitor was in stand by and the power led was blinking, i moved the mouse and tapped the keys but nothing happend. i had to push the power button in the back to get it started, why is it doing this? could it be the power supply?

could be lots of things, but it sounds like some of your hardware isn't totally compatible with the suspend mode. I had this happen once or twice when I had a modem in my computer. Either try to find the faulty hardware, or disable the suspend mode.

kinda weird because this has happend before when i had all my fans and 2x cd 2x hd's...then i unplugged all the fans and it stopped n booted...then plugged em back in and it wouldnt boot just blinked

Only thing I can think is to check under device manager... under keyboard and/or mouse properties check power management and see if tis enabled for that USB device to bring the machine out of standby

check your BIOS settings as sleep modes can be set in there as well, also check you display properties as there are various sleep settings there as well other than suspend and hibernate.

Try backing off your overclock a bit.

lol :p im not overclocking stock speeds over here...i checked my bios and sleep n all the other things r disabled, but since i checked hibernating n other stuff the blinking has stopped...

Back