• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New setup opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCn00b

What I've got now is a Koolance PC2-C, basically an Exos built into the case. What I'm in the process of waiting to be delivered:

Maze 3 - Arrived
Dual heater core from dangerden with 2 120mm fans - Both Arrived
Mag2 pump 250 gph - Arrived
1/2" ID tubing - In Transit
Reservoir - In Transit

With the epox system in my sig at the moment, since it's cold in the basement, I'm staying around 36C full load but when it's warm, I'm around 41C full load. I'm trying to get down into the 20's but I'll settle for low 30's if I can push the OC a little further. With what I'm getting is high 20's a reasonable hope or will I be lucky to get more than a couple degrees cooler than I already am?
If it doesn't cool as well as I want it to, would a mag3 help maybe?

A Mag 3 probably wouldn't help too much with a block like the Maze 3 when you consider the added heat to the water. Maybe a little more improvement if you had a more restrictive block.

Case temp when it's warm is usually around 25-26C. Higher temps? That kinda sucks :-/

Well, I'd say you'll get the higher 20's/lower 30's.
I'd say 29-32c

I'm getting 3c over case temp with my rig, see sig.

Suma.

There are too many dependancies, Its 19c here in my room, I get 40c load(different motherboard, different readings)

Suma is probably close, but I guess you will just have to tell us when you get it all hooked up.

Jon

That's true Jon.
Also different CPUs puts different amounts of heat into the system.

I gave a reasonable range, nothing more.

Suma.

If I can stay around 30C I'll be happy. I found out today that I have to wait until wednesday for my rez and tubing so I might not hook everything up until next sunday. I'll let you guys know how things work out. :)

Back