• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you tie the Resorvoir into your system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
How do you tie the Resorvoir into your system? Do I run a line from the reserver down to the bump and have a T so water can come from the resorvoir and the return water from the waterblocks before going into the heater core.

On most res setups it kinda goes like this:

NOTE: res has to be AT LEAST even altitude with the pump or HIGHER for good flow or cavitation will occur at pump inlet.

RES-->PUMP-->HeaterCore-->CPU-->RES

You don't need a T, just two barbs on the reservoir - then the flow goes straight through your res.

If anything you might want to put the radiator before the CPU and GPU blocks, so that you get less pump heat going to the blocks.

I used to run my rig with a res.
When I did I used: RES => PUMP => RAD => CPU => RES
now I'm running a T-line like this: Pump => Rad => T-Line => CPU => Pump

Suma.

johan851 said:
If anything you might want to put the radiator before the CPU and GPU blocks, so that you get less pump heat going to the blocks.
aight thanks. Im going to do that once i get my new bigger case.

What I want to do is have PUMP>RAD.>CPU>NB>GPU>PUMP

I was thinking of putting a T in right before the pump that goes up to the RES. The RES will be in the top two 5.25" Bays. Are there any permade RES that fit in the 5.25" Bays and screw in place?

Back