• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats the mixture?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unreal

Registered
i dont know the amount yet, but need to know what the mixture that is best for water cooling, i will be using distilled water, WW, and at least 1 once of UV dye, for the bacteria that may grow what else should i use? i heard coolant would be good but a small amount, would any of thses effect the dye? whats the percentage best to use?

I use about 10% antifreeze, 5% Hyperlube and the rest distilled water. The Hyperlube (like water wetter but no coating or smell) is not really necessary, I use it because I have it. If you are mixing ANY aluminum in the loop, even anodized, I would use 20 -25% antifreeze for safety. This will inhibit corrosion. If you have no aluminum, I'd just use 10% AF.

yeah the heatcore is all copper but the barbs i believe are steel or something,,, there silver lol..

Maybe chrome? You shouldn't have to worry about corossion problems with those barbs, so 10% would be fine.

ok so, 10% antifreeze, the bottle of WW which i think is only 4 or 8onces, and the rest distilled with the 1 once of dye?

Yeah, you really don't need WW if you're running with antifreeze...I hear WW can cause a lot of problems too, such as the aforementioned (what a great word...) staining.

You should only need a drop or two of dye for your entire system.

so wait your saying all i need is distilled water, antifreezeand the uv dye?

Back