• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Camo Case Mod _Finnished_

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

/\\/3|2o

Camo Case Mod -Finnished-

Alright. I have seen about 2 of these cases after I did it so i guess it wasnt THAT unique after all. Im a military person so it seemed appropriate. ASK QUESTIONS! Im happy to answer them!

Heres how i did it:

First, I grabbed a case for christmas (last christmas). It had a stock window that HAD to go. It was cool for a while, but in the end i wanted to do it myself so i could say i did. This case was great, fully moddable and great fan holes. All the pannels came off for easy moddability.

Heres the original case
Original%20Case.jpg

It kinda sucked when I did it cause i couldnt really take the panels off while doing it. I needed them on to blend the patterns. Which meant I couldnt use my computer for about a week or so while i got it done. It took a week cause I diddnt really stick to it 100%. I took breaks, let it dry, slacked off, procrastinated, etc.

Since it was a camo mod, i diddnt exactly care about primers, sanding it, and all of that other "making it pretty looking" stuff. It would add to the rugged look that i wanted.

I got the paint at my local Auto Zone and O'Reilly Auto Parts stores. They sold a series of 4 spray paints in a camo scheme, black, brown, olive drab, and khaki.

I started out puting the base coat of olive drab on it. It took 2 cans to get it completely covered. Then i painted the back of the case black. To make the patterns, i got some regular clear packaging tape, and covered the area of teh pattern. I then got a razor blade and cut out the part of the pattern i wanted.

Then I wanted to replace the damed electrical tape wrapping my power cables with some real sleaving. I thought white would be the only good color for a camo mod. I wish they made a dark green or something.

As for the lights, I also chose white for those. And the switch is one of the best parts. Its a military style toggle switch with a red cover. Perfect!

Thats basically what I did, pretty simple first-mod for me.

Heres the pics:

Side_Mobo.jpg
kinda big, sorry.

Side_Window.JPG

Thats my white cable sleevings. I diddnt do a good job really, but hey, it turned out nice.

Front.JPG
I diddnt paint the drive covers because i realld diddnt want to whoop out all the cans of paint and blend the patern on a new drive or something. So all I have to do is paint it olive drab.

. Inside.JPG
More of the inside and the sleeving.

Light_Switch.JPG
A nice touch to my case. This turns on the lights.

There you have it! My first mod. Please ask questions or post comments!!!

Last edited:
Nice job! Reallt nice paint job and everything... The switch is neat and even the wiring seems pretty military for some reason. Nice:D

The only thing I would be a little worried about is hte paint job coming off after a while or if it gets scratched since you said you didn't really paint it "corrctly". Though it might make it look better it might also just make it look like crap :/ meh still good job.

CrashOveride said:

The only thing I would be a little worried about is hte paint job coming off after a while or if it gets scratched since you said you didn't really paint it "corrctly".

Actually, it has gotten scratched a bit from carting it to LANs. But it holds out well and hasnt chipped.

toshiba said:
HOLY f**** I NEED TO DO THAT did u have something to copy for pattern if so can i have a copy

nope, no stencils or anything. All my own pattern. Just used packaging tape to cover the area of the pattern and then used a razor to cut out the area i wanted.

I kinda left out some of the process of thinking up the pattern. Let me say that I probably saw every camo picture of a pattern that exists on the internet. I even downloaded a pattern generator for paintshop. This is what i found for basic woodland military camo. Make the base olive drab. The next "layer" of the pattern should be brown. Make the segments of the "brown" part big, because it will be the bottom most of the patterns. Make the next black. make it a little smaller because it will be more exposed than the brown. Then of course the khaki. This should be just little parts in the pattern because it is the top.

feel free to ask questions.

...oh...oh...ahh...........orgasm in aisle seven, clean up crew please.
wow, that is cool as S***, i really like the paint job...i have seen those military switches online and i never really thought that they would look good on anything, but you made me a believer, that switch is PERFECT for the case ans the paint job...

CrashOveride is right, the wiring does look military for some reason...i thinks it the mix of mostly sleeved with some bare wire showing here and there...

Again, that is awsome.

Awesome!

If you could make a desert camo one it would be awesome. Thats what my next case will be (when the day comes).

If you make desert camo be sure to get the right pattern.

Nice job! Clean cuts, and a cool switch.

But is it quiet? Does it scare the deer away when you're hunting?
Now, mount it in a tree stand, and watercool it.

j/k
good work

and watercool it.

Im not really into water cooling. Too much of a hassle to me.

The desert camo is awesome! I would brobably space out the white and black sections a little bit, just so its not so crowded.

someone should do a winter or ice camo scheme, and Ive always wanted to get a samll motor that opened a panel in the top of my case and a small plastic missle would come up then shott out. That rocker switch would be the perfect activtor switch.

Robrules18 said:
someone should do a winter or ice camo scheme, and Ive always wanted to get a samll motor that opened a panel in the top of my case and a small plastic missle would come up then shott out. That rocker switch would be the perfect activtor switch.

ROFLOL, thats the funniest thing I've read in a while. It would be sweet if you did that!!!

AND beautifully done mod there /\\/3|2o It looks sweet!

Back