• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OEM Radeon XT cards have HL2 coupon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

I have to order my video card tomorrow for Christmas, and I'm left wondering, if I get the OEM version, will I still get the HL2 coupon? Has anyone purchased an OEM Radeon XT card yet? Or did everyone get the retail version? I heard that the OEM version has it, but I need to make sure.

I have an OEM atlantis sapphire 9600XT that I just got a week ago, and it had the coupon. I bought it at zipzoomfly (formerly googlegear).

Zipzoomfly it is! How much did you spend?

If this works out, Zipzoomfly will likely be getting a lot of business of these forums.

Just to make sure, I harassed New Egg some more, as well as Sapphire and Zipzoomfly. That's a decent price at Zipzoomfly. They aren't listed on Pricewatch. After shipping, that's a good deal.

OEMs don't have it.

The sapphires I have in stock now have it and its retail packaged. Saphires have two retail packages...one with and one without the coupon.

This is exactly what I got (actual receipt) from zipzoomfly:

ORDER CONTENT:
1 x (320723) ATI OEM Radeon 9600 XT AGP 8X 128MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out, DVI
& CRT *** Free 2nd Day *** @ $164.00

------------------------------
SUBTOTAL : $164.00
SALESTAX : $0.00
SHIPPING : $7.98
TOTAL : $171.98
------------------------------

I have a free half life 2 ticket (free HL2 CD plus shipping) sitting on my desk.

wanna_b_rich_13 said:
OEMs don't have it.

The sapphires I have in stock now have it and its retail packaged. Saphires have two retail packages...one with and one without the coupon.

That's good to know. After Acid's post about his having the coupon, I was beginning to wonder if the distributor was pulling the coupons out, and screwing us.

CrystalMethod said:

That's good to know. After Acid's post about his having the coupon, I was beginning to wonder if the distributor was pulling the coupons out, and screwing us.

Some people do that. I have already seen some people selling the coupons alone.

Back