• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Vb multi frame, info transfer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noble2501

I have a program with two frame windows, I have some information in my main frame window in integer's and I need the second frame to access this information and even change it, the changes only need to be visible in the second window.
I'm a noob to Vb so I don't know much of it yet and I haven't done any multi frame vb apps before. Can you help me?

- noble

edit.

Some clearing out:

I'm working with MDI form and a child form, I have some information stored into variables in the MDI form that I need to access and modify with the child from. How is this done, the MSDN library is quite confusing and I can't seem to find the right topic.

Last edited:
This for VB6? If so, for future use, controls are global by default so you can just access from one form to another. For instance:

MyVariable = Form2.txtSample.Text

would return whatever was in the Text property of the txtSample textbox on Form2.

Back