• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

40mm LED fan: anyone know where to get such a thing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flakk

I'd like to cool my northbridge. I'm into case modding as well. So if I can, I'd like to use a 40mm fan with blue LEDs (or whatever color is available) to spiffy it up. I looked for a while and had a hard time finding something like this.

Anyone know of where to get one?

I looked on pricewatch, ebay, searched the web as well as other forums and I only found 1. Unfortunately, it was in the UK :eek:

have any links showing how to make your own. i read about this on one forum but the link was bad

ill try pm'ing archilochus too, thanx

archilochus is the FANMAN, but hes also kinda our LEDMAN :D his avatar is i belive a NB fan with lights :D

making your own can also be an option, but why make one if you can buy one :p

I have only seen 1 that is lighted. I'll provide a link . I haven't been able to loacate one like in my Avatar.It came on my FIC mobo OE. THE FANMAN:cool:

FAN LINK

If it was me I'd get this fan and point a LED at it.
LINK

Last edited:
thanks for the links guys

i might go for that 40mm multi-colored fan.. altho i'd rather only have LEDs of one color on it.. but o well, cant be too picky i guess. (so far I only have blue lighting all throughout my case)

If it was me I'd get this fan and point a LED at it.
LINK [/B]

more info please :) how would u go about getting an LED to work on this fan?

You could get one of these and point the light beam at the fan.
Check out the other lighting stuff they have there also.There is a fan mod but I think it would be to difficult to do with out destroying the fan.Last resort to get one like mine is to buy the mobo.:D They have a UV LED there you could paint the fan!
THE FANMAN:cool:

LITE LINK

Back