• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phone software for roadrunner?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Splinter

Has anyone seen this yet and if so where? My local service was such a rip-off that it was cheaper and less hassle to go with cell phones for the family vs. local service. What a bunch of crooks. Most everything I am seeing is for broadband. Thanks.

Splinter said:
Has anyone seen this yet and if so where? My local service was such a rip-off that it was cheaper and less hassle to go with cell phones for the family vs. local service. What a bunch of crooks. Most everything I am seeing is for broadband. Thanks.

I dont remember the software i used but a few years back i was able to dial through my RR to any phone without charges. I couldnt receive incoming calls becuase there was no number to call me at. The software was free for sometime but eventually they wanted a fee and thats when i removed the software.

I pretty sure this is the one i used:
http://www.webphone.com/

real cheap if alls you want is to dial out without a virual # for people to call you. It says it only 2cents a minute if you call US to US.
Now that i've read their web page i do remember the calls at the time for free were limited to something like 5 minutes or less.

Back