• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo restarts computer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drexel

I played the single player, and multiplayer all last night, then I start it today, and it just restarts my computer.

Anyway to find out whats wrong?

This is the demo.

Are you overclocked? Halo stresses a system (due to bad coding) rather well so It might be pushing you into instability.
Put everything back at stock and try again.

What power supply do you have. If your system isn oc and you are certain its not heat it could be a power supply issue. ATI recommends a good 350 watt but a fully loaded system you may want to get something larger.

If your using a no name power supply like bobs house of power you may have problems.

Well, this was with my old card I just got a new one lilke 20 minutes ago. Ill try with this one, lol.

K, with my new card it lets me in, and doesnt reboot my pc, but it doesnt apply any textures to anything.

So, I guess thats another problem seperate with this card. I heard the game didnt run too good with a 9800.

Right-click My Computer, Properties, go to the Advanced tab, then click "Settings" under Startup and Recovery. Uncheck "Automatically Restart". Now play the game and see what kind of blue screen you get.

Edit: Damn.

Assuming you still had your old card, that is.

Givin the assumption your old card was not a ati card, you will have problems if all you did was uninstall your old drivers. ATI drivers do not play well with anyone and a simple uninstall sometimes isnt enough.

You need to run something like drivercleaner to totally remove all remenants of the old drivers or you will have issues like what you mentioned.

Ok, it works now. The problem was simple, but I wont tell you guys what it was, because youll be ****ed you wasted your time, lol.

Yes, went from nvidia, to ATI. No problems with so far, except in call of duty demo it just locked up, but its a demo so.

No that is my old system, I should update that. TI4200.

Yep, I remembered that just a sec ago. Im downloading it now, but why is it so damn big.

drexel said:
Yep, I remembered that just a sec ago. Im downloading it now, but why is it so damn big.

It is an entire driver package containing the control panel, and drivers, it is not just a patch.

Do I install this over what drivers I have, or delete the old ones, as if I were installing like catalyst 3.9

drexel said:
Do I install this over what drivers I have, or delete the old ones, as if I were installing like catalyst 3.9

delete the old ones

just like updating drivers

uninstall
reboot
install
reboot

Ok, there are now million options, and I dont know what even one of them means. Is there anywhere I can find a guide to this driver. It has a bunch of options that arent in the regular type drivers.

Ok, nevermind right clicking tells me what most are, but it doesnt tell me what fast write is, and there are like 10 options to choose from under the smartshader tab.

Can someone help me with the fast write, and smartshader tab, please?

Back