• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Saitek X45 Digital Joystick & Throttle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amazon10x

Ok, I saw this joystick (see subject) at BestBuy and was fooling around with it and thought it was pritty awesome. It was obviously intended for flight games but what I would like to know is if this is a decent gamepad for a game like MechWarriors 4. I can't really thing of anything else to play it with really besides a flight sim and MW4. Thinking about getting this for xmas but I don't want to if it isn't going to be good for something like MW4 becuase I don't really play flight sims.

i play alot of mw4 and mercs and have been drooling over a setup like that for a while. i would get the saitek but it doesnt really fit my hands, its too small. but i think it would rock for Mech games. BUT, id also use foot pedals for the torso twist. thats a bitchen setup if u ask me!

by the way wahts your name on there? im Main_Target usually play in heat/ammo games.

Are there any pedals that I could buy seperately that you could recommend? It has an alternative to the pedals on the backside of the throttle, it is a rocker, from the reviews I have read it is hard to use with small-ish hands and I believe I would fall under that category :D . Oh, just realized something, lol, my computer is on a desk that sits OVER the end of my bed so a pedal setup would be kinda hard probably. Unless I laid down and propped the pedals up against the desk, that would be kinda space agy I guess, might be pritty cool.

I actually haven't played the game for a while now and I don't believe I have ever played it online. If I do get this setup I will try and get on there, if I do get on there then my name will be amazon10x (I'm amazon10x on EVERYTHING), if that name is already taken I will repeatedly beat my head against the wall and cry :D .

I have the X45 it is Awsome I love it. I used it for heavy gear 2 and it worked great. I mostly use it for BF1942 w/ DC and FS2002/2004 it is soooooooo good. Just gotta be careful with the drivers for some reason BF1942 wont register the newer drivers but gets the old ones fine if you need the old ones IM me all my handles are in my profile.

Back